Built and Natural Environments department
If you want to build a career and watch it grow
This department provides training for the building, furniture, electrical and horticulture industries, from short courses to diploma level.
We customise training to suit the needs of individuals and corporate clients. You'll have access to extensive facilities and support structures to assist learning, and to ensure you are best places for a career in one of these unique industries.
We're the largest provider of apprenticeship training in Victoria and this department currently has more than 750 apprentices in training.
Possible career paths:
- Cabinet /furniture maker
- Nursery worker
- Parks & gardens officer
5 reasons to choose Kangan Institute:
- You'll train with the largest provider of apprenticeship training in the Victoria.
- You receive a nationally accredited qualification backed by a recognised training provider.
- We have worked closely with major industry customers including Housing Industry Association, Master Builders Associaion of Victoria, Furniture Industry Association of Australia, The Age Print Centre, Irrigation Association of Australia, Wentworth Furniture, Toyota, Ford, Ten Network, and Chiyoda Electronics.
- All courses are designed by industry, for industry. Everything is current, up-to-date and designed to help you hit the ground running once you're ready for a job.
- Electrical licence training/exams are conducted by qualified staff recognised by Energy Safe Victoria. Our Greensmart trainers are accredited, and our Energy Rater trainers are Sustainability Victoria accredited.
View all courses on the right, and click through for additional information on each.
Other training available
- Greensmart Training
- Construction Industry Red Card Induction course
- Builders registration courses
- First Rate Course
- Nail Gun Training
- Introduction to Furniture Making
- Furniture Making
- Furniture Upholstery
- Furniture Spray Polishing
- Wood Finishing/French Polishing
- Wood Turning
- Advanced Wood Turning
- CNC Machining Centre
- Advanced CNC Machining Centre
- Testing and Tagging of Electrical Appliance
- Licensed Electrical Mechanics Exam Coaching Course
- D licensing (Disconnect/Reconnect Workers Licence)
- L licensing exam and training
- RECB Course (Registered Electrical Contractors Business Course)
- Telecommunications Open Registration Course
- Telecommunications Restricted Registration Course
- Structured Cabling
- PLC (Programmable Loadable Controls)
- Motor Control
- Electrical Inspector Licensing Course
- Introduction to Landscape Design
- Install Paving
- Introduction to Fresh Water Aquaculture
- Garden Machinery Maintenance
- Retaining Walls
- Housing Industry Association Ltd (HIA)
- Master Builders Association of Victoria (MBAV)
- Sustainability Victoria
- Furnishing Industry Association of Australia
- Energy Safe Victoria
|Phone:||13 TAFE (13 8233)|
|Fax:||(03) 9279 2482|