Centre for Competitive Operations department
Encompassing manufacturing, polymers, logistics and supply chain management
For a Lean and Green career
Kangan Institute has a long and proud history of delivering manufacturing training. Many of the industry's most successful figures launched their careers by taking their first steps with us.
A new approach to this training, under the umbrella of the industry-focused Centre for Competitive Operations (CCO), coordinates Competitive Manufacturing training for all manufacturing sectors including automotive, aviation, polymer, furniture, textiles, foods, and the transport & logistics industry.
The CCO department incorporates Competitive Manufacturing, Polymer and Logistics and Supply Chain Management.
The department also provides a fully integrated approach for competitive manufacturing (Lean)-related training programs and services to ensure you are perfectly placed for a career in operations.
As part of its industry centric focus, we also provide a Skills Recognition service which can help you attain a nationally-recognised qualification based on your relevant prior work and life experience.
Possible career paths:
- Supply chain management
- Logistics supervisor
- Operations manager
- Manufacturing worker
- Workshop optimiser
Why choose Kangan Institute:
- Courses offered through the Centre for Competitive Operations range from certificate II to advanced diploma levels, as well as industry short courses and customised programs.
- We also offer customised training to meet specific client needs. Your senior management is involved and consulted throughout the training program to ensure company business objectives are linked to the training outcomes.
- We have a range of manufacturing organisation partners including Robert Bosch, Bostik, Ford, Toyota, Willow, Australian Power Steering, Iveco Trucks, Volgren Bus, Amalgamated Casket Company, Heslop Contract Casters, APV Automotive Components, Futuris, Tuff Tonneaus and Arvin Meritor.
- We are able to consult on the changes that are required to make your organisation globally competitive, and the training programs that are linked to that goal.
- We develop programs in conjunction with individual enterprises in a customer-centered manner. Accredited courses ensure the training is current, meets the industry requirements and offers pathways into further training, if required.
View all courses on the right, and click through for additional information on each.
All training offered through Kangan Institute's Centre for Competitive Operations reflects the principles of Competitive Manufacturing, which aims to increase the global competitiveness of Australian manufacturers by providing training with a stronger focus on:
- sound leadership in a Competitive Manufacturing environment
- strategic planning and looking at company targets
- the identification of waste in a manufacturing environment
- the rolling out of Lean tools including 5S, Quick Changeover, Mistake Proof
- innovative processes such as Just in Time and Kanban
- TPM / preventative maintenance systems
Lean manufacturing principles also underpin all training programs delivered by the Centre for Competitive Operations. Lean Manufacturing's emphasis is on eliminating waste while encouraging flexibility. A Lean organisation is one where at every level there is an understanding of how to identify waste, a continuous process of eliminating it, improving output and reducing costs.
We develop programs in conjunction with individual enterprises with a customer-centered approach. Accredited courses ensure the training is current, meets the industry requirements and offers pathways into further training, if required.
Employers have flexibility to choose how, when and where the training is conducted. This has the distinct advantage of the learning taking place at the workplace and of minimising productivity losses and disruption to your business.
We also offer customised training to meet specific client needs, where one or two modules of training are linked to specific skill sets or specific outcomes required by an organisation. Your senior management are involved and consulted throughout the training program to ensure company business objectives are linked to the training outcomes. This includes management identifying company targets and improvement opportunities, which we then include in the training program.
We are able to consult on the changes that are required to make your organisation globally competitive, and the training programs that are linked to that goal.
We will tailor a training course for you.
We have designed a flexible Certificate IV and Diploma program that is tailored so that individuals within an organisation can attend the Institute to learn the craft of Competitive Manufacturing with participants from a variety of manufacturing organisations. This allows individuals to take their knowledge and practical projects back to their organisation and implement competitive Manufacturing within their workplace. This unique style allows companies and individuals to take advantage of Competitive Manufacturing at a lower cost.
About Kangan Institute
More than 40,000 students choose Kangan Institute each year. Our focus on real training has earned a great reputation with employers across the country - when they see a Kangan Institute graduate, they know they can count on their skills, knowledge and ability to do a great job.
As a major Victorian training provider for the health services, pathology and allied health sectors, we've built strong relationships with industry leaders to develop the content and outcomes of our courses.
As one of the state's largest providers of traineeship and apprenticeship training, Kangan Institute has strong relationships with many businesses and is a popular choice for students seeking industry-relevant training in a wide range of disciplines.
We deliver training and educational programs across Australia and globally via e-learning options and international partnerships, while maintaining a strong face-to-face element between staff, industry representatives and students.
We can also help map out the best way to get to university study. We have pathway agreements with some of the state's leading tertiary institutes - such as La Trobe, Ballarat and Monash universities.
No matter what a client's study goal may be, we've got a range of courses, knowledge and training expertise to assist in their untapped potential being reached.
|Phone:||13 TAFE (13 8233)|