Centre for Health and Nursing
For work that makes a difference in peoples lives
If you're interested in a career in health, nursing, disability or aged care, we offer a wide range of courses to get you there. With employment opportunities that allow you to make a difference in people's lives, these courses are perfectly suited to the caring individual.
From certificate III through to advanced diploma/ (along with our short courses) our training ensures that you are work-ready, whether you are new to the workforce or seeking to upgrade your skills.
We offer a supportive and friendly adult learning environment that caters to everyone from school leavers through to those seeking a career change later in life.
Our awarded training is delivered at the custom designed Moonee Ponds campus. The campus provides state-of-the-art training rooms, equipment and facilities for the health, nursing, aged care, integrated health and disability areas of study and is located within Moonee Ponds Central.
Possible career paths:
- OHS representative
- Aged carer
- Allied health assistant
- Disability support officer
- Health service assistant
- Pathology specialist
5 reasons to choose Kangan Institute:
- Over 90 percent of graduates in our Centre for Health and Nursing department graduate into employment and/or continue on to further study.
- Community services and health is the second fastest industry growth area nationally. There is strong demand for suitably qualified workers.
- The quality of training you will receive has been recognised by independent industry stakeholders.
- Begin a career that makes a direct, positive and clear benefit to someone's life.
- Kangan Institute has an extensive client list of organisations that have chosen us as their preferred training provider. These key contacts can be invaluable to graduates looking for on-the-job training.
View all courses on the right, and click through for additional information on each.
The Centre for Health and Nursing can provide for all stages of the training cycle: from conceptualisation through to needs analyses, resource development, design, delivery and evaluation. Our integrated approach gives you access to our full range of education and consultancy services:
- training needs assessment
- skill recognition services
- flexibility in the time and location of delivery
- advice and choice about methods of delivery
- enterprise specific skill gap training
- customised resource development
- creation of pathways between professional development, current skills and knowledge and further education
- creative combinations of the existing qualifications range
- strategies to maximise your training investment and its cost effectiveness
- delivery by skilled professionals attuned to current industry practices
- integrated evaluation and continuous improvement strategies
- business counselling and development including cost-effective training solutions for small business
- lean Management Principles and value stream mapping
- our guarantee that all qualifications are up-to-date and address current industry needs
Contact the Centre for Health and Nursing on:
|Phone:||13 TAFE (13 8233)|
|Fax:||(03) 9386 8928|