Information Communication Technology department
A terrific tech career in a rapidly growing industry
From entry-level courses through to university pathways, the ICT department delivers nationally-accredited training in a range of disciplines. Students can study courses in information technology, computer systems, customer contact, printing and graphic arts and interactive digital media.
With CISCO networking discovery and exploration embedded into all relevant courses and fully-equipped labs which support a full range of application and operating system software, our students are learning real skills for real careers.
Our industry-based learning initiative provides students with work placements in local schools and businesses. This often leads to on-going employment once the student graduates.
We also provide a selection of short courses which are ideal for industry clients wanting to upskill an existing workforce.
Possible career paths:
- Software/ games / web developer
- Systems administrator
- Graphic designer
- IT professional
5 reasons to choose Kangan Institute:
- As well as the huge amount of certificate and diploma courses, we also have a large number of short courses in CISCO Networking, SAP, customer service, Adobe Creative suite and Microsoft Office suits.
- The ICT department boasts a team of highly skilled and qualified teachers who remain current with trends in industry and have a vast wealth of experience to share with their students. Many hold high-level vendor qualifications such as CISCO and Certified Networking Professional (CCNP), while others have masters degrees in various appropriate fields.
- We have worked with a range of clients in both the public and private sectors, including Suzuki Australia, University of Melbourne, Regional Assistance Mission Solomon Islands (RAMSI), Education Department of Malaysia, and Centrelink.
- You will benefit from industry affiliations between Kangan Institute and SAP Academic Alliance, Interaction Australasia - The IBM user group, CISCO Networking Academy, MSDN - Microsoft Developers Network, Game Developers Association of Australia, and Multimedia Victoria.
- The department has produced winners in both State and National competitions including the Worldskills Olympics in 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006 and 2010 in the Information Technology and multimedia fields. Two students also finished within the top 10 representing Australia at International Worldskills competitions.
View all courses on the right, and click through for additional information on each.
Training for industry
Industry training is another important aspect of our delivery of programs. We can provide training for your organisation either in the workplace or on-campus. Courses can be customised or standard courses offered to suit all office training needs.
The areas of study include:
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Project Management
- Database Management Systems
- Designing and developing networks
- Designing and developing intranets
- Courses leading to CISCO's CCNA certification
- Intro/advanced software applications
- Multimedia Authoring (online/offline)
- Web Development
- .NET technology
- Animation (2D and 3D)
- Audio/Video Productions
- PC Maintenance & Troubleshooting
- Windows 2000 Server/Professional
- SQL Server 2000 Programming and Administration
- Digital Imaging and illustration
- RFID and Wireless Technologies
- Network Security
Organisations that have benefited from our training expertise include:
University of Melbourne
"We have been very fortunate to have Kangan as a partner in this initiative. All the Kangan teaching staff that have been involved during this program have been professional and flexible to accommodate our specific needs, requirements and requests."
Donna Mc Rostie, Director of Information Management, Melbourne University Library
- ACE VIC TAS
- QANTAS AIRLINES AUSTRALIA
- Bentleigh Secondary College
- Honda Australia
- Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd
- Harness Racing Victoria
- Business Marketing Services
- TA Tenders
- Victorian Healthcare Association Ltd
- International Aviation Technology Inst, South Korea
- Main Freight Holdings
- Alfred Hospital
- Department of Justice
- Vantico Pty Ltd
- Salvation Army, Brunswick