Job Ready Program
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose Kangan Institute?
Kangan's JRP professional development training is designed to suit your needs as you begin your employment in Australia. Some of the features include:
- An online program so that you can participate wherever you are in Australia. All you need is an internet connection.
- Flexible delivery so that you can undertake the program at your own pace and at a time that suits you
- Experts in your trade who will facilitate your learning
What do I need to do to successfully complete the program?
You will need to successfully complete the requirements for the unit Work effectively with others. You can do this by working through the course materials provided to you and completing the agreed assessment tasks. We will provide you with all the information you need to meet the requirements of the program.
Who can apply?
Applications are open to anyone who holds a provisional skills assessment from Trades Recognition Australia in the following occupations:
- Motor Mechanic
- Pastry Cook
- Boat Builder and Repairer
- Panel Beater
- Childcare Coordinator
- Carpenter and Joiner
- Automotive Electrician
- Computing Support Technician
- Graphic Pre-press Tradesperson
- Patternmaker-Grader (Clothing)
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical)
- Welder (First Class)
- General Gardener
- Landscape Gardener
- Electrician (General)
You must also be registered with Trades Recognition Australia to enrol in the program.
Do I have to pay the fees upfront?
You will need to pay a fee before starting the program. The fee is $750.
What if I am unsuccessful in my application and wish to appeal or make a complaint?
Kangan Institute has established policies and procedures which apply to students, if you are unsuccessful and wish to appeal the outcome, or you wish to make a complaint.