Brown Family Educational Grant
The Brown Family Educational Grant is a gift from Kangan Institute's Board President Michael Brown who has chosen to donate $10,000 to create a grant that helps disadvantaged graduates of a VCAL program to continue their studies at tertiary level. The grant is also available students enrolling in the VCAL program at Kangan Institute.
These students will receive a $1000 educational grant to help with their tertiary studies.
The Brown Family Educational grants will be awarded in the Access and Equity category for Kangan Institute students enrolling in the VCAL or Kangan Institute graduates of the VCAL.
The educational grant will be awarded to students who have suffered financial hardship or experienced significant emotional or other hardships.
Please note: Your application for an educational grant does not guarantee you a place in the course of your choice. The usual processes for course application, selection and enrolment apply.
Educational grant applications for 2014 open in October 2013 - watch this space!
Terms and Conditions:
- Applicants must meet one of the following conditions:
- Must be a student enrolling in the VCAL program at Kangan Institute; or
- Must be a Kangan Institute graduate of the VCAL program who wishes to continue their studies at Kangan Institute
- Applicants must meet the criteria of the grant.
- The grants are for full-time applicants only.
- The applicant must be able to provide two references and all documentation as instructed in assessment of application.
- The grant is only provided for one year.
- Deferring the course will make the grant void.
- Grant awarded for one course cannot be transferred to another course.
- Applicants must meet course entry requirements (if applicable) to be eligible for the grant.
- Previous recipients of this grant or another scholarship from Kangan Institute are not eligible to apply. Recipients of grants and scholarships from other organisations are welcome to apply as long as it is stated in your achievements section on your application form.
- Applicants must undertake their course at Kangan Institute in the academic year of 2014.
- The grant is to be used for tuition, Student Services and IT fees, with any remaining funds to be used for learning materials associated with the course, as approved by your teacher. If the recipient shows poor attendance or discontinues before the course's census date, Kangan Institute reserves the right to revoke the grant
- All applicants agree to have their story and image used for publicity purposes should they be awarded the Brown Family Educational Grant.
- If the successful applicant is under the age of 18 at January 1, 2014, the applicant must have a parent/guardian give permission and sign that they agree to the terms and conditions of the Brown Family Educational Grant.
- The Board of the Brown Family Educational Grant will determine which applicants will be awarded the grant. The decision is final and no discussions will be entered into.