Scholarships: Access and Equity
Scholarships are available for students who are ineligible for government funding.
Applicants awarded a scholarship will have the relevant tuition fee covered for one year of study or the length of the course. Material and other costs must be borne by the student.
In order to apply for the scholarships program, all applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria as at 1st January of any given year:
- must be ineligible for government subsidised funding under Skills Reform; and
- must be an Australian citizen or holder of a Permanent Humanitarian Visa; and
- must be able to demonstrate socio economic disadvantage and financial hardship;
Please note: a scholarship application does not guarantee you a place in the course of your choice. The usual processes for course application, selection and enrolment apply. Recipients of workplace sponsorship or of another current scholarship are not eligible to apply.
Applications will be assessed on
- Financial hardship and social disadvantage;
- Vocational suitability;
- Commitment to educational achievement; and
- Objectives of study.
Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship is only valid for one year of study or the length of the course if less than one year.
- Any materials, books, equipment, clothing and other additional costs not associated with tuition will be at the expense of the student.
- Scholarships cannot be deferred.
- A scholarship awarded for one course cannot be transferred to another course.
- Scholarships are not redeemable for cash or any other award.
- If a student fails a unit of competency from scholarship awarded course, the student will incur any enrolment or other fees associated with re-sitting that unit.
- Applicant must meet course entry requirements (if applicable) to be eligible for the scholarship.
- Previous recipients of this or another current Kangan Institute scholarship are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must enrol on or prior to the course commencement date specified in the Scholarship Confirmation Agreement.
- The applicant may have to attend an interview as part of the selection process.
- All applicants agree to have their story and image used for publicity purposes should they be awarded the scholarship.
- If the successful student is under the age of 18 of the 1st of January of the year the scholarship commences, the applicant must have permission from aparent/guardian who must accept the terms and conditions of the scholarship.
- Kangan Institute's teaching departments will determine which students will be awarded the scholarships. The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Applications will be assessed on financial circumstances; vocational suitability; commitment to educational achievement and objectives of study. Termination of studies by the holder will automatically cancel the scholarship.
- Please note: the scholarship application does not guarantee you a place in the course of your choice. The usual processes for course application, selection and enrolment apply.
- Unsuccessful applicants will be notified in writing
- Kangan Institute staff are not eligible for any Kangan Institute scholarship.