KANGAN INSTITUTE'S CHILDREN'S CENTRE
Are you looking for somewhere to help your child interact and develop in a safe environment while you attend classes? Consider Kangan Institute's Children's Centre - where every child is exceptional.
The Children's Centre provides high quality childcare for children aged three months to when a child commences school, on a full-time, part-time and occasional basis, catering mostly to Kangan Institute students and staff.
Bookings are essential - contact the centre on (03) 9279 2421.
Did you know?
- The Children's Centre received the Start Right, Eat Right Award in 2007 and is recognised for best nutrition practices for children.
- We have over 20 years of experience in delivering high quality child care Kangan Institute operates the 55-place childcare centre at our Broadmeadows Campus. The Children's Centre provides care for children aged three months until a child commences school.
Bookings are essential. Please contact the Children's Centre on (03) 9279 2421.
The Centre is open between 8am and 6pm, Monday to Friday, offering a full-time or daily care.
The Children's Centre has been operating for more than twenty years. Underpinning the centre's success is our philosophy:
- Our Centre will provide a safe, nurturing environment, respecting different cultures, the individual needs of each child and gender without bias.
- A stimulating and challenging program will be offered to enhance the children's developmental progress in all areas including physical, emotional, social, intellectual and language.
- We encourage self-esteem through offering daily routines and activities that build respect, independence and confidence.
- We welcome parents/family participation in the Centre and encourage any ideas and suggestions.
- This philosophy is based on the knowledge that all staff have a firm belief in the program they deliver.
Features and services
The Children's Centre
- provides interesting and challenging programs;
- is continuing to implement and refine the Early Years Learning Framework;
- promotes and encourages the involvement of parents and other family members in the children's program and the day-to-day operation of the centre;
- provides healthy and nutritious snacks and meals;
- offers Childcare Benefit to all eligible families (Child Care Benefit is administered through the Family Assistance Office).
Children centre fees
- $355 per week
- 8am - 6pm
- $84 per day
- 8am - 6pm
Please Note: Families can claim Child Care Benefits (CCB) which will be deducted from the above full fees. CCB is means tested according to the family's gross income and is paid on a sliding scale accordingly.
For more information on the CCB, please contact the Family Assistance Office. Family Assistance Offices are set up in Medicare Australia offices, Centrelink Customer Service Centres and Tax Office Shopfronts.
FULL FEE with the maximum CCB deduction
- $141 per week
- 8am - 6pm
- $31 per day
- 8am - 6pm
The Children's Centre is staffed according to the requirements of the current Educational and Care Services National Regulations 2011.
Children under three years of age: One staff member for every four children
Children over three years of age: One staff member for every 15 children
Priority of access
Priority of access is given to Kangan Institute students with a quota of places being made available for staff. Any existing vacancies will be offered to the general community.
The Children's Centre is registered and quality monitored under the New National Quality Framework.
Alternatively, visit the Centre located at Building A, Kangan Institute, Pearcedale Parade, Broadmeadows.
Download Children Centre Brochure