Advice, guides & resources
Students and graduates using the Employment Centre service can get help with ways to approach employers and tips on how to shine at job interviews, as well as having access to regular workshops on preparing resumes and job applications.
Students and graduates registered with our service are able to use the facilities in our main office in Broadmeadows to help them find a job. You can use the following FREE tools to find and apply for jobs:
- 'How To' Guides and resources-for job searches
- Phone-to contact possible employers.
- Photocopier-to make copies of your resume and job application letters
- Fax machine to send applications and resumes.
- Newspapers-to look through the job advertisements.
- Internet access-to search for and apply for jobs online.
The Employment Centre can also provide assistance with job searching and writing applications. Contact our Broadmeadows office on (03) 9279 2602.
Resumes and Application Letters
It is important to have an up-to-date resume and a well-written application letter when applying for a job. To help you prepare yours, visit the section on Resumes and Application Letters.
Find out what to do and what not to do with our interview etiquette and techniques information sheet.
Remember, we cannot guarantee that we'll find a job for everyone, so you must also explore other options. Contact possible employers directly and send them your resume, or look for suitable jobs advertised online or in newspapers.
Our consultants can offer advice on canvassing employers and phone techniques.