Certificate III in Accounts Administration
|Course Length:||6 months|
|Course Fees:||AUD $5,400|
You are eligible if:
* you have successfully completed the Australian Year 12 or equivalent in your country
* you have achieved a minimum of either:
* IELTS 5.5 academic (no band score less than 5.0);
* TOEFL computer based 197 (minimum TWE 3.5);
* TOEFL internet based 71 (minimum 17 in all sections);
* PTE academic 43 (no score lower than 36); or
* Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) 47.
February and July
Books and equipment (AUD)
On completion of the certificate III, graduates may continue their study in the Certificate IV in Accounting (074047F) at Kangan Institute.
On completion of the certificate II, graduates may seek employment as:
* Accounts payable/receivable clerk
* Payroll clerk
* Customer service officer (financial services)
The Certificate III in Accounts Administration is the recommended entry level accounting qualification for students with little or no background in accounting or bookkeeping.
The course consists of 11 units of competency and students will attend classes four days per week with approximately 20 to 25 hours of class participation. Classes may be scheduled any time between 8am and 6pm, Monday to Friday.
The course is made up of lectures, classroom-based teaching, practical demonstrations, self-paced learning, class discussions and field trips. One or more units in this course will be delivered online.
Assessment includes periodic tests, assignments (both group and individual), classroom presentations, group work and observation.
Major study areas
* Financial services industry
* Small business financial accounting
* Communication skills
* Business mathematics
* Customer service
* Business computer applications
* Workplace safety
Design and produce business documents
Participate in OHS processes
Write simple documents
Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers
Perform financial calculations
Work effectively in the financial services industry
Process customer complaints
Deliver and monitor a service to customers
Prepare financial reports