Steps for Students to Apply for a VET Program
1. Select a program that you would like to do. A list of programs can be found here.
2. Contact your VET coordinator at your school to discuss VCE eligibility and confirm costs.
3. Ask your school to apply on your behalf through the VET in Schools Enrolment Portal. No applications will be taken directly from students for VET in Schools. Online applications will be available from 1st October 2014.
4. Kangan Institute will notify schools of successful student applications by 7th of November 2015.
Your school will then notify you of times, campus details and equipment requirements. This information will also be available to students in the Information for Secondary Schools tab.
Steps for Schools to Apply for a VET Program
1. Kangan Institute will send an information pack to all schools that have had enrolments in VETiS in 2015 by 18th of August 2014. If you do not receive a pack by the end of August, please contact the VETiS Unit.
2. The secondary school will determine their delivery options for the upcoming year.
Partnerships between schools and Kangan Institute may work in the following ways:
• Shared delivery
• Delivery by Kangan Institute
• Delivery by the school under the auspice of Kangan Institute.
(Shared or auspice delivery is subject to pre-delivery assessment approval from Kangan Institute)
3. Secondary schools will apply on behalf of their students through the VET in Schools Enrolment Portal. Online applications will be available from 1st of October. Schools will be emailed before this date with enrolment instructions and access details.
Schools wishing to have students attend Kangan Instiute must have their online applications to Kangan Institute by Friday 31st of October.
Schools involved in full or shared auspiced arrangements must have online applications to Kangan Institute by 15th of December 2015.
4. Kangan Institute will notify schools of successful student applications by 7th of November 2015. Applications may be taken after this date dependent on the availability of spaces in programs.
Schools are asked to notify students of times, campus details and equipment requirements which will be emailed on the 7th of November. This information will also be available to students in the Information for Secondary Schools tab.