Whether you seek an interior design career or want to successfully manage your home decoration projects, our Diploma of Interior Design and Decoration (MSF50213) will give you the theoretical knowledge and technical skills needed to achieve your goals.
The course covers all aspects of interior design and decoration, from design philosophy and dealing with customers and suppliers, to drawing up design briefs and selecting colour schemes, fabrics and furniture.
You’ll graduate feeling inspired and confident in your ability to conceptualise and then create commercial and residential spaces that are dynamic, engaging and functional.
The Kangan Institute difference.
- Get qualified sooner
Earn a nationally recognised qualification in just 12 months.
- Course content developed in consultation with interior design specialists
Gain skills and knowledge that are current and relevant to industry needs.
- Easier entry than university
Our selection isn’t based on ATAR scores and you don’t need to have completed specific secondary school subjects.
- Free access to the National Textile & Design Archive
A unique reference resource of textile and wallpaper samples, interior design magazines and reference books.
- Friendly relaxed environment
Small classes so you get individualised attention.
- Conveniently located in Richmond
Modern campus located close to public transport in the heart of Melbourne’s design precinct.
- Study now, pay later
Loan scheme available for eligible students.
Enrol now >
- Self-employment as an interior designer, colour consultant or interior stylist
- In-house interior designer or decorator for a consultancy
- Consultant at a furnishing or fabric supplier
- Consultant at a furniture or lighting retailer.