A panel of leading industry spokespeople will present insider knowledge on what it takes to shape a pioneering textiles business. This will be presented to an audience of Australia’s big fashion and textiles brands as well as next generation leaders.
A representative from a multinational brand will talk about its sustainability journey, taking the audience behind the label to understand how pioneering sustainability initiatives were implemented, including technical collaborations with fibre and fabric manufacturers. A supply chain certification specialist will provide insight into gaining sustainability accreditation and will discuss textile chemicals.
Leaders of the Pack: industry insights from global sustainability champions, is an event run as part of the “Design for Tomorrow” sustainability series. Developed specifically for our local textile and fashion sector, this series brings the knowledge of global best practice industry to our doorstep. Tailored to meet the needs and requirements of the Australian textiles and fashion industry, these are events for industry by industry.
Leaders of the Pack brings together international speakers and a Q&A panel of local leaders. It will be streamed live from the Textile and Fashion Hub on June 24 and opportunities will be available to put questions to speakers before and during the event.
- Christian Dreszig: Global Head of Marketing for environmental certification organisation Bluesign.
- Stu Bowen: Ambassador of 1% For The Planet and Marketing Manager of Patagonia Australia.
- Kate Sala: Creative Consultant and immediate past Chief Operating Officer at Bruno Pieters’ Honest By, the Belgium-based luxury fashion house and world’s first transparent company.
- Graham Dickinson: With over 25 years of direct involvement in the textile industry Graham is a practising occupational hygiene and environmental consultant.
- Australia’s big textiles and fashion brands
- Textiles manufacturing businesses
- Emerging designers and SMEs
Time: 4:30pm – 6:30pm
Date: 24th June 2014
Textile & Fashion Hub,
Building F, 85 Cremorne Street
03 9425 5790