English for Academic Purposes prepares students for further study in either Foundation programs, TAFE courses or University studies. The course will further hone students existing English language skills while focusing on the development of academic English. It allows you to master English language skills needed for academic success through in an environment through discussions, presentations and project work.
- Preparing students with presentation skills
- Writing of academic conventions
- Effective listening and note-taking
- Effective reading and academic texts
- Research and independent academic skills
- Higher-order grammar
You will learn to:
- Read academic materials and practice reading techniques
- Write essays, summaries and reports
- Present in seminars and presentations using academic conventions
- Express ideas and facts through academic spoken and written discourse
- Develop the academic skills and use academic conventions to succeed in an Australian higher-study environment
Our course delivery features a combination of on-campus and remote (online) learning. This flexibility allows our students to continue to study in a safe, guided and supported manner.
$60 per level.
Annual Amenities Fee
This fee is not applicable to all applicants.
15 November 2021
27 April 2022
15 November 2022
||31 January - 8 April
||9 April - 25 April
||26 April - 24 June
||25 June - 10 July
||11 July - 16 September
||17 September - 2 October
||3 October - 20 December
Classes are scheduled 5 days per week Monday to Friday between 8.30am to 12.45pm.
You will be assessed as part of the enrolment process and placed in a level appropriate to your abilities.