English for Academic Purposes prepares students for further study in either Foundation programs, TAFE courses or University studies.
The course will further hone students existing English language skills while focusing on the development of academic English.
It allows you to master English language skills needed for academic success through in an environment through discussions, presentations and project work.
What you will study
- Academic Writing
- Academic Reading
- Academic Speaking
- Academic Listening
You will learn to:
- Read academic materials and practice reading techniques
- Write essays, summaries and reports
- Present in seminars and presentations using academic conventions
- Express ideas and facts through academic spoken and written discourse
- Develop the academic skills and use academic conventions to succeed in an Australian higher-study environment
February and July intake.
||4 Feb to 5 April
||6 April to 22 April
||23 April to 28 June
||29 June to 14 July
||15 July to 20 Sept
||21 Sept to 6 Oct
||7 Oct to 20 Dec
The above chart is a guide only.
Progression through the levels at BKI International Language Centre will be based on the student’s progress at each level.
Students graduating EAP1 will also be issued an EAP1 certificate upon successful completion of the course. EAP 2 is recommended for courses requiring an IELTS 6.5/7..