English for Academic Purposes prepares students for further study in either Foundation programs, TAFE courses or University studies.
The course will further hone students existing English language skills while focusing on the development of academic English.
It allows you to master English language skills needed for academic success through in an environment through discussions, presentations and project work.
What you will study
- Academic Writing
- Academic Reading
- Academic Speaking
- Academic Listening
You will learn to:
- Read academic materials and practice reading techniques
- Write essays, summaries and reports
- Present in seminars and presentations using academic conventions
- Express ideas and facts through academic spoken and written discourse
- Develop the academic skills and use academic conventions to succeed in an Australian higher-study environment
- You will be assessed as part of the enrolment process and placed in a level appropriate to your abilities
16 March and 19 November
||28 January – 27 March
||28 March – 13 April
||14 April – 26 June
||27 June – 12 July
||13 July – 18 September
||19 September – 4 October
||5 October – 18 December
You will be assessed as part of the enrolment process and placed in a level appropriate to your abilities.