Automotive Body and Specialist Trades
Automotive Body and Specialist Trades department
Courses offered in Kangan Institute's Automotive Body and Specialist Trades department are entirely based around the automotive industry, whether that's in retail, service, repair or manufacturing.
Based at Kangan Institute's awarded state-of-the-art Automotive Centre of Excellence (ACE) located in Docklands, you'll receive hands-on training with some of the best possible equipment available.
All of our trainers are experts in their field and have a huge amount of industry experience to help you accelerate into a brighter future.
Possible career paths:
- Panel beater
- Vehicle painter / Spray painter
- Car detailer
- Window tinter
- Vehicle dismantler
- Vehicle body builder
5 reasons to choose Kangan Institute:
- You'll train in arguably the most advanced automotive training facility in the southern hemisphere.
- You get a nationally accredited qualification backed by a recognised training provider.
- Our well-known corporate industry sponsors (including VACC, PPG, Wurth Australia, Repco Australia, and 3M) have outfitted ACE with the latest technology, equipment and products.
- All courses are designed by industry, for industry. Everything is current, up-to-date and designed to help you hit the ground running once you're ready for a job.
- Regular seminars and demonstrations - to help you network with industry leaders.
- Ford Motor Company - Welding, Small Dent Removal, HVLP Spray Guns, Vehicle Paint
- Techniques Tickfords Engineering - Panel Fabrication
- GMH - Fabrication and Vehicle Modification
- AXCESS Australia - Panel Fabrication
- Melbourne Aquarium / Honda - Vehicle Modification
Awards Attained by the Department
Our students have received the following Awards:
- State WorldSkills awards in Vehicle Painting
- State WorldSkills awards in Panel Beating
- State Colour matching awards
Check out what some of our Automotive students have to say.