Heavy Vehicles And Engine
For a heavy duty career, that's really on the move
The Heavy Vehicles and Engine Technology department is Victoria's largest provider of repair and service training in heavy vehicles, motorcycles, marine and outdoor power equipment, and diesel emissions testing.
The department also supplies training services for the road transport, earthmoving and agricultural industries.
Services available in the department include formal qualifications, trade tests, Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), workplace assessment, skills upgrade and the opportunity for organisations to hire activity workshops and classrooms.
We look forward to seeing you start one of these great courses.
Possible career paths:
- Auto mechanic
- Fork lift operator
- Specialist service mechanic
- Diesel fuel specialist
- Repairman of specific machinery
Five reasons to choose Kangan Institute:
- 1. Our students have won two gold medals and two silver medals in the WorldSkills Metropolitan and Country competitions.
- 2. We have provided services, such as the design and delivery of programs, for organisations including Mobil, Shell, Vic Roads, Bureau of Meteorology, IVGECO Trucks, Bendix Mintext, VIPAC - Diesel Emission Testing, Australian Army Special Armed Services - Servicing/Maintenance DR400, Suzuki (Australia), and Ford Motor Company.
- 3. The Heavy Vehicles & Engine Technology department is staffed by 26 qualified VET practitioners. In line with new requirements for VET practitioners, all staff are updating and upgrading their qualifications on a continuing basis by undertaking training in Workplace Assessor qualifications, technical programs and industry courses.
- 4. Our talented trainers deliver a wide range of training packages from short courses and certificate-level programs through to diploma and advanced diploma.
- 5. Our staff are well-respected within the industry because of their networks within the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM), dealerships and general repair workshops.
Training and services for industry
The Heavy Vehicles & Engine Technology department customises programs to meet an individual or organisation's specific needs. This may include a combination of subjects/courses, and delivery in your workplace or in our facilities.
Other services include:
- Use of our practical activity workshops and classroom hire trade tests
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
- Curriculum development.
- Work Place Assessment
- Skills upgrade
- Obtaining formal qualification
- We also offer our services to the automotive retail, service and repair sector, and the automotive manufacturing industry including various state government bodies.
We have provided services, such as the design and delivery of programs, for the following organisations:
- Association of Australasian Diesel Specialist (AADS)
- Vic Roads Bureau of Meteorology
- IVECO trucks
- Bendix Mintex VIPAC
- Diesel Emission TestingMonash University
- Diesel and LPG Emission Testing
- Australian Army (Special Armed Services)
- Servicing/ Maintenance DR400
- Suzuki (Australia)
- Ford Motor Company