Lean, Green and Productive
The aim of our Centre for Competitive Operations (CCO) is simple; to empower your business to improve efficiencies and deliver greener outcomes.
Guided by 'Lean' principles, our CCO offers a variety of courses that helps your business drive measureable outcomes in sustainability. We’ll work with you to understand your specific requirements to deliver a tailored program designed to maximise value and establish a more productive workplace.
This approach spans a number of industries - automotive, aviation, furniture, textile, transport - and entails:
- Lean Enterprise Competitive Manufacturing
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Polymer Engineering.
Our qualified teachers have years of practical and 'on-the-job' training, with many having completed their Vocational Graduate Certificate in Competitive Systems and Practices.
They've even assisted Kangan Institute in adopting a new Lean workplace philosophy. They have the capacity to have a similar impact on your business, too.
Apart from exclusively training in Lean, our CCO also offers Lean units as part of its training in Polymer Engineering and Logistics and Supply Chain Management.
So, What Exactly is Lean/Green?
Lean utilises a set of principles that aims to reduce waste and increase productivity within your organisation. It looks at processes within an organisation and aims to eliminate inefficiencies across workflows, hierarchies and business structures, whilst minimising impacts to the environment. i.e. minimal waste = minimal total cost.
In other words, when it comes to Lean, 'less is more'.
Click along to our ‘Training Principles’ below to find out more.
Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Kangan Institute CCO has a purpose built training warehouse, including a state of the art RF warehouse management system and a fleet of forklift and order picker vehicles.
With training available on-site, you can also enroll in licensing Short courses, Certificate III and IV in Warehousing and the Diploma of Logistics.
Sessions are offered in the day and evening at our Broadmeadows and Cremorne campuses.
Why choose Kangan Institute:
- Courses offered through the Centre for Competitive Operations range from certificate II to advanced diploma levels, as well as industry short courses and customised programs.
- We offer customised training to meet your specific needs and requirements. Your senior management is involved and consulted throughout the training program to ensure your objectives are linked to the training outcomes.
- We have a range of manufacturing organisation partners including Bostik, Ford, Toyota, Toyota Boshoku, Yarra Trams, Willow, Amalgamated Casket Company, Heslop Contract Casters, Futuris, Tuff Tonneaus, Macquarrie, Ultraplas, Edlyn, Avweld and Supertrim.
- We are able to consult on the changes that are required to make your organisation globally competitive.
- We develop programs in conjunction with you within a customer-centered approach. Accredited courses ensure the training is current, meets the industry requirements and offers pathways into further training (if required).
All training offered through Kangan Institute's Centre for Competitive Operations reflects the principles of Competitive Manufacturing, which aims to increase the global competitiveness of businesses such as yours by providing training with a stronger focus on:
- sound leadership in a Competitive Manufacturing environment
- strategic planning and looking at company targets
- the identification of waste in a manufacturing environment
- the rolling out of Lean tools including 5S, Quick Changeover, Mistake Proof
- innovative processes such as Just in Time and Kanban
- TPM / preventative maintenance systems.
Lean manufacturing principles also underpin all training programs delivered by the Centre for Competitive Operations. Lean Manufacturing has an emphasis on eliminating waste while encouraging flexibility. A Lean organisation is one where, at every level, there is an understanding of how to identify waste, a continuous process of eliminating it, improving output and reducing costs.
We develop programs in conjunction with individual enterprises with a customer-centered approach. Accredited courses ensure the training is current, meets the industry requirements and offers pathways into further training.
Your business has the flexibility to choose how, when and where the training is conducted. This has the distinct advantage of the learning taking place at your workplace which minimises productivity losses and disruption to your business.
We also offer customised training to meet your specific needs, where one or two modules of training are linked to specific skill sets or specific outcomes required by your organisation.
We are able to consult on the changes that are required to make your organisation globally competitive.
Phone: 13 TAFE (13 8233)