Click here to visit Centre for Fashion and Creative Industries.
You should be redirected automatically, but if not, you can click on the link above.
When it comes to fashion, there are endless opportunities available for you to explore, from fashion designing to buying to visual merchandising and beyond. All of these key roles contribute to ‘that’ moment on the catwalk.
At Kangan Institute, we provide an outstanding insight into such areas.
We believe in helping you build a skillset that empowers you to take your career anywhere you want it to go.
With real-life projects and hands-on training, we provide you with the opportunity to develop your talent, potentially launch a new career and give you a head start in creating your own label.
Where Your Career in Fashion Can Lead…
With an education from Kangan Institute, there are no limits to where your fashion caree may lead you:
- Visual merchandiser
- Retail store manager
- Fashion production assistant / design assistant
- Fashion/textile merchandiser or purchaser
- Hairdresser / Beauty Therapist
- Fashion buyer
You’ll also get to experience our high-art training facilities first hand.
Our High-Art Training Facilities
Kanagn Institute’s fashion facility began as an exciting base for young designers to hone their skills. Since undergoing a $4.6 million makeover, it’s now become one of the premier fashion centres for experience and education.
Offering a unique boutique experience, you can select from an exciting array of course options such as becoming a fashion designer, fashion buyer, visual merchandiser, hairdresser or beauty therapist.
Complementing our fashion precinct campus is our new industry Hub, which houses the latest in digital technology. This allows great scope to make network connections and work on real-life projects.
Aside from a makeshift catwalk and showcase area, our fashion centre also features areas devoted to:
- Digital technology
- Visual Merchandising
- Hair and Beauty
- Textile Library
- Product development
- Open plan learning centre
- Fashion business
Complementing this is our outstanding range of courses, all of which have been established to adapt to the ever changing trends of the fashion world. There are also great opportunities for making network connections and landing key internship placements with top designers and manufacturers.
Here are Four More Great Reasons to Study With Us
Our graduates consistently achieve highly in local and national-level competitions We have industry connections with companies such as MYER and affiliations with the Council of Textiles and Fashion Industry of Australia (TFIA), Textile Institute and Fashion Group International (FGI).
We have pathways with Australia’s leading Universities that can see you save time and money towards a fashion degree course if you wish to pursue it.
Our talented trainers come from diverse industry backgrounds with current knowledge and skills.
You will have the opportunity to learn in a boutique environment which includes opportunities to work with hair and beauty, retail, millinery, fashion design, visual merchandising. This will empower you to hone your skills and become an expert in your industry.
Essential Industry Training
A period of rapid change within the fashion and retail industry has resulted in significant restructuring in training and education to meet the industry’s evolving needs.
Our partnership approach with our training consultants provides:
- Expert advice
- Training needs analysis for your organisation
- Excellent resources
- A comprehensive training plan
We also incorporate customised skills development solutions to improve and enhance your business. Outcomes include:
- Strategies to maximise cost effective training investment with measurable benefits for organisations
- Retail service that includes visual merchandising, leadership skills and customer service
- Digital technology in CAD, print, knit, illustrator/photo shop and body scanner
- Lean – eliminate waste and grow your return on investment
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) – develop your workforce for the future
- Traineeship – a flexible training solution
Affiliations and Memberships
Our Centre of Fashion is well connected with key contacts in the industry, including affiliations and/or memberships with the following associations:
- Council of Textiles and Fashion Industry of Australia (TFIA)
- Textile Institute
- Fashion Group International (FGI)
- Fashion Technicians Association Australia (FTAA)
Our students achieve notable results in local and national-level competitions, including the Hamilton Sheepvention Awards, Fashion Forward, Paris American Academy competition, Crown Oaks Day Awards and MYER Fashions on the Field.
Here’s a few more:
2013 Victorian Training Awards
- Emily Turner and Hannah Pearce- designed Minister Peter Hall's suit for the 2013 Victorian Training Awards.
2013 Melbourne Spring Fashion Week
- Grace Madafferi- MSFW:Emerging
- Laura Petruccellli - MSFW:Emerging
- Neville Scott - MSFW:Emerging
- Katherine O'Keefe - MSFW:Emerging
- Harry Katakouzinos - MSFW:Emerging
- Caitlin Bowen - MSFW:Emerging
- Jay Tran Anh Nguyen - MSFW:Emerging
2012 Hamilton Sheepvention Awards
- Uyen Katie Doan (Highly Commended Garment / Fantasy Winner Avant Garde / Australasian Young Designer Wool Award Winner (major winner)
- Lidia Matijevic - 1st place for day wear corporate section
- Salote Streil - 3rd place for evening wear section
- Nikki Galaher - 3rd place for street wear section
- Jodie Winks - 1st place for sportswear section
- Laura Pettrucelli - 2nd place for men's wear section
2011 MYER Fashions on the Field at Oaks Day
2011 Crown Oaks Day
- Rebecca Share - Crown Oaks Day Millinery Award
2011 Fashion Forward event
- Ally Li - People's Choice
- Erin Weibye - Most Sustainable Design
- Stephanie Garra - Most Innovative Design
2011 four month scholarship in Paris with the Paris Academy
2011 Hamilton Sheepvention Awards
- Leeuwin Games - 2nd place for evening wear section
- Joseph Saldarriaga - 3rd place for theatrical/fantasy/avant-garde section
- Sarah Tyrell - 3rd place for street/sportswear section
2010 Hamilton Wool Awards
2010 Avatar (Paris American Academy International Academy) International competition judged in Canada
2010 Tessuti (Little Black Dress)
2010 Myer Fashions on the Field at Oaks Day
Contact one of our friendly Fashion course consultants to find out more.