How To Apply at Kangan Institute

At Kangan, we provide a number of ways for you to apply for one of our nationally accredited courses.

Here’s how you go about it.

Note: Please check under the heading 'How do I apply?' in your chosen course information to see whether application is through Direct Entry to Kangan Institute or through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC).

Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC)

Some Kangan Institute courses are offered through VTAC and applications for these courses must be made through VTAC. To find out what courses are offered through VTAC, check under the heading 'How do I apply?' Applications for these courses must be submitted online using the VTAC Online Application. Details of the VTAC application process can be accessed through the VTAC website.

Applications for VTAC courses usually open in August of each year and the guides are available from leading newsagents in late July.

Once VTAC places have been filled in the course and if there are any vacancies remaining, Kangan Institute may accept applications directly to the Institute. For more information, please contact our Customer Service Centre on 13 TAFE (13 82 33) or email

Online Applications

Some Kangan Institute courses accept online applications. If the course information has this button , it means you can submit your application online. If you use the online application facility to apply for a course, it is an application only, not an offer of a place.

Please make sure you bring the following to your enrolment session:

  • Proof of Australian citizenship/residency (birth certificate, passport or citizenship documents)
  • Proof of age ONLY if under the age of 20 as at January 1, 2013 (birth certificate/extract, driver licence, passport or appropriate student card)
  • (if applicable) Current Health Care Concession Card
  • (if applicable) evidence of asylum seeker status or temporary protection visa (TPV)
To be eligible for VET FEE-HELP (Diploma & Advanced Diploma courses only) you must supply:

  • Proof of Australian citizenship (birth certificate, passport or citizenship)
  • Australian Tax File Number - If you don't have a tax file number prior to enrolment you will need to immediately apply for one through the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) and bring in the receipt as proof. You cannot apply for VET FEE-HELP without a tax file number being provided