Kangan Institute Welfare And Financial Support
International Student Emergency Relief Fund
Applications are now open for the Victorian Government’s $45 million International Student Emergency Relief Fund for international students facing financial hardship as the result of job and income losses since March 2020.
Through the International Student Emergency Relief Fund and Study Melbourne, the Victorian Government is supporting international students who have been impacted by coronavirus (COVID-19) and are most in need of financial support during this challenging time.
Bendigo Kangan Institute has been appointed by the Victorian Government to administer the processes for you to apply for this once-only support payment of $1,000. We have established a dedicated team of student support officers to receive and assess the applications to determine eligibility for this financial assistance and disperse the funds.
- 1. Be an international student enrolled at Bendigo Kangan Institute in Victoria on or before 16 March.
- 2. Be an international student who has a current student visa that expires after 30 June 2020.
- 3. Be an international student who currently resides in Victoria, Australia and is presently physically located in Victoria.
- 4. Have been engaged in legal work in Victoria in March 2020 and have experienced exceptional circumstances of financial hardship due to coronavirus (COVID-19). The circumstances of hardship arise from:
- a) significant reduction in hours of employment OR
- b) loss of employment due to a business shutdown;
- they are unable to supplement lost income from other sources of financial support.
Some of the supporting documents may include but not limited to:
- passport copy
- correspondence between your employer (email, text message, letters)
- bank statements, transaction records
How to Apply
If you meet the eligibility criteria outlined, we encourage you to apply for this support as soon as possible. You may have already registered with Study Melbourne, however, you do need to complete the Application Form to be assessed for eligibility to receive the International Student Emergency Relief Fund.
If you have any queries about your eligibility for this funding or advice on other support that may be available to you, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our teams are on standby to assist you by phone at 9279 2631 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
At Kangan Institute, we want to make sure you are able to fully concentrate on your studies without having to worry about financial hardship.
As such, we provide a Student Welfare Officer that helps to advise you on the financial issues associated with studying.
Make an appointment for:
- information on fees and fee concessions
- Centrelink assistance
- financial budgeting and saving skills
- information and assistance regarding scholarships available through Kangan Institute
The Student Welfare Officers are available across all campuses. To make an appointment call 13 TAFE (13 8233) or email email@example.com.