This course will prepare you with the skills and knowledge for entry level into an apprenticeship (certificate III) within the plumbing industry.
This course has a range of units that introduce the learner to basic skills and knowledge that underpin the Certificate III in Plumbing, these include:
• Maintain safe working conditions
• Provide basic emergency life support
• Select and use plumbing tools, equipment and materials
• Locate, interpret and apply relevant information
• Work effectively with others
• Communication skills
• Follow instructions in a designated sequence
• Use appropriate manual handling procedures
• Produce technical drawings
• Numeracy and calculations
• Principles of sustainability
• Methods and strategies to identify employment opportunities in the plumbing industry.
You may be entitled to free tuition fees for this course if you meet the eligibility criteria for the State Government’s FREE TAFE for Priority Courses initiative. It's important to know that you may incur other fees, such as student services fees or materials fees, and you'll need to cover these costs yourself. To find out more, call 13 TAFE (13 8233) or contact us via our online enquiry form.