Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, we have adapted our course delivery to now encompass a combination of remote and flexible delivery methods. This includes easy to navigate online tutorials, video conferencing (classroom simulation) as well as face-to-face practical assessments and work placements – where safe and practical to implement. Therefore, you will require access to the internet and a computer to undertake this course.
Our flexible model allows you to continue to study in a safe, guided and fully supported manner with continued access to all learning, personal and wellbeing supports.
You will be advised by your facilitator on a case by case basis in relation to practical and work placement assessments, as some flexibility will be required during this challenging time.
This course will prepare you with the skills and knowledge for entry level into an apprenticeship (certificate III) within the plumbing industry.
This course has a range of units that introduce the learner to basic skills and knowledge that underpin the Certificate III in Plumbing, these include:
• Maintain safe working conditions
• Provide basic emergency life support
• Select and use plumbing tools, equipment and materials
• Locate, interpret and apply relevant information
• Work effectively with others
• Communication skills
• Follow instructions in a designated sequence
• Use appropriate manual handling procedures
• Produce technical drawings
• Numeracy and calculations
• Principles of sustainability
• Methods and strategies to identify employment opportunities in the plumbing industry.
Free TAFE and JobTrainer
You may be entitled to free tuition fees for this course if you meet the eligibility criteria for the State Governments FREE TAFE for Priority Courses initiative. If you are aged 17-24 or looking for work, you may be eligible to study this course low-fee through JobTrainer. It's important to know that you may incur other fees, such as student services fees or materials fees, and you'll need to cover these costs yourself. To find out more, call 13 TAFE (13 8233) or contact us via our online enquiry form.