This course will prepare you with the skills and knowledge for entry level into an apprenticeship (certificate III) within the plumbing industry.
This course has a range of units that introduce the learner to basic skills and knowledge that underpin the Certificate III in Plumbing, these include:
• Maintain safe working conditions
• Provide basic emergency life support
• Select and use plumbing tools, equipment and materials
• Locate, interpret and apply relevant information
• Work effectively with others
• Communication skills
• Follow instructions in a designated sequence
• Use appropriate manual handling procedures
• Produce technical drawings
• Numeracy and calculations
• Principles of sustainability
• Methods and strategies to identify employment opportunities in the plumbing industry.
Our course delivery features a combination of on-campus and remote (online) learning. This flexibility allows our students to continue to study in a safe, guided and supported manner.
Free TAFE and JobTrainer
You may be entitled to free tuition fees for this course if you meet the eligibility criteria for the State Government's FREE TAFE for Priority Courses initiative. If you're aged 17-24 or looking for work, you may be eligible for 80% discount on the course tuition fee through JobTrainer. It's important to know you may incur fees that you will need to cover yourself, such as student service fees or materials fees. Skills First (eligible) students are usually entitled to one Free TAFE fee waiver, however under JobTrainer you may be eligible for a second Free TAFE course. You may also be able to get an exemption if you don't meet the upskilling requirement. To find out more, call 13 TAFE (13 8233).