If you have a passion for caring for people, want to work in one of the fastest growing industries in Australia, or simply want to know how to care for your parents or grandparents when they get older, our Certificate III in Individual Support (Aged Care) course will help you achieve your goals.
We understand your passion in helping others. That's why we've created a course that supports and fosters your enthusiasm.
Caring for individuals requires you to be knowledgeable within a wide range of specialised areas. In 7 months, our course will prepare you for working under supervision in an Aged Care facility or within a Home and Community care setting. You will be required to undertake a 4 week block work placement (which is five days per week - 120 Hours) to ensure that you can practically apply what you learn in class.
Before you can start your practical placement, you will need to provide the following compulsory requirements:
- A valid Working with Children Check (Volunteer)
- A satisfactory National Police Check – National Police checks are conducted via fit2work. An account with fit2work will be created using the student’s name and the Kangan Institute issued student email address, once studies in the program have commenced. Further information will be provided once enrolment has been completed.
- An up to date immunisation/vaccination record as per course requirements
- A valid NDIS Worker Screening Check – Further information will be provided once enrolment has been completed.
- Covid Vaccination including booster shot.
Here are just a few things you will learn:
- Promoting independence and wellbeing
- Maintaining clients personal care
- Support people with dementia
- Palliative care services
Upon completing our nationally accredited Certificate III in Individual Support (Aged Care) you have the opportunity to work in a number of areas of your choice, including as a:
- Care Assistant
- Community Care Worker
- Nursing Assistant
Our course experts will be more than happy to answer any questions you have about our aged care courses.
Our course delivery features a combination of on-campus and remote (online) learning. This flexibility allows our students to continue to study in a safe, guided and supported manner.
All students required to attend on-site learning must be fully vaccinated in line with Kangan Institutes Vaccination Policy
Free TAFE and JobTrainer
You may be entitled to free tuition fees for this course if you meet the eligibility criteria for the State Governments ;FREE TAFE for Priority Courses initiative. If you are aged 17-24 or looking for work, you may be eligible for 80% discount on the tuition fee through JobTrainer. It's important to know that you may incur other fees, such as student services fees or materials fees, and you'll need to cover these costs yourself. To find out more, call 13 TAFE (13 8233).
Normally a Skills First student is only entitled to one Free TAFE fee waiver. However, you may be able to enrol even if you have previously used your Free TAFE entitlement in a second Free TAFE course under JobTrainer. You may be able to get an exemption if you don't meet the upskilling requirement.