If you have a head for numbers, great organisational skills and are a good communicator, an accounting or bookkeeping career could be just what you’re looking for.
Businesses of all sizes need to maintain accurate financial records to ensure profitability and compliance with legislation and regulations. There are employment opportunities for people with strong accounting and bookkeeping skills across a variety of industries.
Some bookkeepers are self-employed or offer services on a contract basis making bookkeeping a great option for people looking for flexible working hours or the option to work from home.
The Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping (FNS40217) is designed to help you gain the skills and knowledge that employers are looking for in this field. The course is nationally accredited and meets the qualification requirements needed to become a registered Business Activity Statements (BAS) Agent.*
Our experienced teachers who are experts in their field will guide you through the program. You’ll gain the skills and confidence to perform a range of bookkeeping and accounting tasks including:
- Preparing financial reports
- Introducing cloud computing into business operations
- Processing financial transactions and extracting interim reports
- Administering subsidiary accounts and ledgers
- Working effectively in the accounting and bookkeeping industry
- Setting up and operating a computerised accounting system (e.g. MYOB)
- Completing business activity and instalment activity statements
- Establishing and maintaining payroll systems.
You may be entitled to free tuition fees for this course if you meet the eligibility criteria for the State Government’s FREE TAFE for Priority Courses initiative. It's important to know that you may incur other fees, such as student services fees and materials fees, and you'll need to cover these costs yourself.
If you want to continue your studies after you graduate, you can go on to complete the Diploma of Accounting (FNS50217). Kangan Institute also offers the following accounting courses:
- Certificate III in Accounts Administration (FNS30317)
- Advanced Diploma of Accounting (FNS60217).
Our course experts will be more than happy to answer any questions you have. To find out more, call 13 TAFE (13 8233) or contact us via our online enquiry form.
*Visit the Australian Government Tax Practitioner Board website for more information about the eligibility requirements for becoming a BAS Agent.