What is VETDSS?
VETDSS enables you to get real hands-on experience within a chosen industry, obtain a nationally recognised/accredited qualification and increase your career prospects by combining your secondary school studies with a Vocational Education and Training (VET) program.
A VETDSS program can:
- Prepare you for the workforce by providing hands on experience and getting you ‘job ready’.
- Provide a nationally-recognised qualification for a specific industry.
- Provide you with pathway opportunities and credit for higher level qualifications within the same vocational area.
What are the benefits?
- Provides the skills and ability to achieve competencies which will enhance your employment and further training prospects.
- Provides ‘work-ready’ knowledge and skills applicable to a variety of career paths in your chosen industry.
- May shorten the duration of an apprenticeship program after Year 12 through credit recognition and articulation arrangements
Guaranteed Pathways to Kangan Institute
All students who successfully complete an eligible VETDSS course through Kangan Institute will be guaranteed a place in a pathway course – giving you peace of mind when it comes to your study choice after secondary school.
How do VET programs contribute to VCE and VCAL?
Please refer to the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority for further information.