Will I receive my certificate at the Graduation Ceremony?
No. You will receive your certificate and academic transcript within 30 days of being signed off by your teaching department as having completed your training. This is a requirement of the Australian Skills Quality Authority. Your qualification can be accessed through My eQuals. You are able to access digital copies of your transcripts and certificates.
Do Graduates need to Register?
- Graduands MUST register to participate in the Graduation Ceremony.
- Participation in the Graduation Ceremony has a charge of $50.00 for Graduands, which includes two (2) guest tickets.
- Registration can be completed via the booking link that was sent in your email invite to Graduation.
- When registering, please advise of any accessibility or disability requirements so we can accommodate.
When does Graduand Registration close?
Registrations will close on Friday 01 March 2024.
Do I need to purchase tickets for my guests?
- Yes, guests must have a ticket to attend the Graduation Ceremony.
- Additional guest tickets cost $25.00 each and can be bought via the booking link that was sent in your email invite to Graduation.
- We recommend that Graduands purchase their guest tickets early to avoid missing out.
- When purchasing guest tickets, please advise of any accessibility or disability requirements so we can accommodate.
- Guest tickets can be bought during the Graduation registration process or as a separate purchase.
- Guest tickets cannot be reserved without payment.
What does my Graduand ticket include?
- Registration to the Graduation
- Two complimentary guest tickets
- Hiring of the academic regalia – stole and graduation gown
- Light refreshments
- Keepsake program
- Stage photography
When do guest ticket sales close?
Guest tickets will be available to purchase up until the day of the event, unless sold our prior.
Can children attend?
- Children are welcome to attend the Graduation Ceremony.
- Guest tickets must be purchased for children aged 12 and over.
- Children’s tickets can be purchased for children under the age of 12. These are available for $10 per child.
- Infants and toddlers (4 years and under) do not require a ticket.
- All tickets can be purchased via the booking link that was sent in your email invite to Graduation.
- If you or your guests have any special requirements, e.g. disability assistance, seating with space for a stroller, please let us know when registering and purchasing tickets online.
- You may be asked to arrive earlier so that we can accommodate your request.
- If you would like to discuss with the event organisers, please email: email@example.com
What should I do if I am ineligible to graduate?
You need to contact your teaching coordinator and email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What should I do if I believe I am eligible to graduate but haven't received an invite?
You should contact your teaching coordinator and email: email@example.com
How long is the Graduation Ceremony?
The graduation ceremony will last approximately 1.5 hours depending on the number of Graduates that have registered to participate.
When do I receive my tickets for the graduation ceremony?
- When registering yourself as a Graduand, you will receive an automated email containing your tickets.
- When you are applying for additional guest tickets, you will also receive an automated email containing your tickets.
- Make sure to bring either a digital or printed copy to the Graduation.
Is parking available at the venue?
Yes, parking is available at the venue.
Arriving by Bus?
- Bus No. 472 (Williamstown to Moonee Ponds) stops along Langs Road.
- Bus No. 404 (Footscray to Moonee Ponds) stops on the corner of Epsom and Ascot Vale Roads.
Arriving by Tram?
Route 57 Tram (West Maribyrnong to Elizabeth Street, City), stops at stop 32 (Showgrounds Village Shopping Centre on Epsom Road). Please note that the previously serviced stop 33 is no longer in use. Please listen to onboard announcements or check with your tram driver.
Arriving by Car?
Melbourne Showgrounds provides onsite parking parking for events. Please refer to the downloadable PDF below for gate entry, selected carpark and building for the Kangan Institute Graduation.
- Entry Gate: G5 - Langs Road (refer to map below)
- Onsite Parking - Carpark D (refer to map below)
- Entry Building - Building 5 (refer to map below)
Kangan Institute Melbourne Showgrounds Onsite Map.
If you have any other questions, please reach out to: firstname.lastname@example.org