Kangan Institute Recruitment Process
Submitting your Application
- Please read the PD attached to all job adverts to understand the role you are interested in better.
- All applications should be submitted with your resume and cover letter(preferred).
- Submit application
- Applications will be reviewed after the closing date unless otherwise stated
- All applicants who have not been shortlisted for the role will be informed within the 2 weeks of application close date by email.
- Shortlisted applicants will have one or two rounds of interviews.
- Shortlisted applicants will be informed of the interview schedule
- Interviews are usually face to face
- The interview duration is usually 1 hour
- Follow the STAR method when responding to interview questions
- You will be informed about the outcome of your interview by email or phone.
- You will be required to provide the contact details for a minimum of two referees
- Ideally at least one of your referees is a previous line manager
- If you do not have a previous employer, other people you could ask include: Teacher or Principal, Volunteer Supervisor, Sport/Activity Coach
We are committed to providing a safe environment for our people. After the acceptance of a verbal offer, there are number of compliance documents that we require in order to release a written Contract of Employment, these are:
- A current police check which is not more than 6 months’ old
- Current Victorian Working with Children Check (Employee card).
- Evidence of work entitlements - Australian/NZ Passport or Australian birth certificate + Drivers licence or Visa + photo id or Australian citizenship certificate + photo id
- Certified educational qualifications
- You will be provided with access to our online onboarding system to sign and complete your new starter paperwork electronically.
- Your line manager will touch base with you prior to your first day. Please feel welcome to get in contact at any time with questions you might have.
- Once commenced, you will be invited to attend our virtual induction program to support your smooth transition to Bendigo TAFE and Kangan Institute.