International Student Orientation
Congratulations on joining Kangan Institute!
We are excited to welcome you, and as part of your new journey we invite you to attend Student Orientation. A comprehensive orientation program is delivered to international students one week prior to the beginning of the semester.
Attendance at the program is compulsory for all international students commencing their formal course at Kangan Institute. The program covers many aspects of living and studying in Australia.
Sessions at orientation include:
- Australian course requirements
- Australian lifestyles
- Health insurance
- Compliance with student visa requirements
- Study skills
- Safety (including fire safety, personal safety, policing and water safety)
- Using Public transport
- Enrolment (including timetable for current semester, booklist and student card)
- Support services available at Kangan Institute
- Orientation to local environment
Student orientation in 2019 will be held on the following dates:
- Semester 1: 31/01/2019 & 1/02/2019
What you need to bring with you to Orientation:
- Student visa
- All enrolment documentation
As a Kangan Institute student, you will receive an email with further details closer to the day.
If you have any questions about your enrolment or orientation, please contact your International Student Liaison Officer:
Phone: 0403 184 306