Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, we have adapted our course delivery to now encompass a combination of online/Face-to-Face practical assessment. This includes easy to navigate online tutorials, video conferencing (classroom simulation) as well as face-to-face practical assessments and work placements – where safe and practical to implement. Therefore, you will require access to the internet and a computer to undertake this course.
Our combination model allows you to continue to study in a safe, guided and fully supported manner with continued access to all learning, personal and wellbeing supports.
You will be advised by your facilitator on a case by case basis in relation to practical and work placement assessments, as some flexibility will be required during this challenging time.
Practical Placement is a mandatory component of this course. Kangan Institute will make efforts to secure an appropriate placement. Due to the current environment and circumstances outside our control, placements may be delayed. This may then impact the completion dates for this course and deferment of graduation.
If you want to work in a health care environment, supporting other health care professionals, our Certificate III in Health Services Assistance (HLT33115) is a great foundation course for you.
A Health Services Assistant will use a range of technical and procedural knowledge to provide assistance to health professionals for the care and support of patients/clients and will be under direct supervision when dealing with patients/clients.
As a Health Service Assistant you will be required to assist nursing staff in delivery of services such as:
- cleaning and general ward duties
- washing, dressing, toileting, grooming and transporting patients
- assist with the delivery of meals, bedmaking and stock control
You will also be required to undertake a minimum of 120 hours of mandatory work placement.
Before you can start your practical placement, you will need to provide the following compulsory requirements:
• A valid Working with Children Check (Volunteer)
• A satisfactory National Police Check – National Police checks are conducted via fit2work. An account with fit2work will be created using the student’s name and the Bendigo TAFE issued student email address, once studies in the program have commenced. Further information will be provided once enrolment has been completed.
• An up to date immunisation/vaccination record as per course requirements
Once you have finished, you can also decide to continue your studies with any number of exciting courses, including:
- Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (HLT43015)
You may be entitled to free tuition fees for this course if you meet the eligibility criteria for the State Government’s FREE TAFE for Priority Courses initiative. It's important to know that you may incur other fees, such as student services fees or materials fees, and you'll need to cover these costs yourself. To find out more, call 13 TAFE (13 8233) or contact us via our online enquiry form.