If you enjoy selling, communicate well and have a passion for providing excellent customer service, a career in the exciting field of real estate could be right for you.
Kangan Institute offers two study options to give you the qualifications needed to succeed in this exciting fast-paced industry.
Agent's Representative Certificate
Certificate IV in Property Services (Real Estate) CPP40307 (Partial completion)
Licensed Agent Course
Certificate IV in Property Services (Real Estate) CPP40307 (Full completion).
1. AGENT'S REPRESENTATIVE CERTIFICATE
The first step towards a real estate career is to complete the Agent’s Representative course. This course will provide you with the three entry-level units required by the Victorian Business Licensing Authority to work in real estate in Victoria.
Units of study:
- Identify legal and ethical requirements of property management to complete agency work (CPPDSM4007A)
- Identify legal and ethical requirements of property sales to compete agency work (CPPDSM4008A)
- Work in the real estate industry (CPPDSM4080A).
If you continue on to study the Certificate IV in Property Services (Real Estate) you will receive credit for these units.
- Weekday – four days (Consecutive)
- Saturdays – 4 weekends (Consecutive)
- Evening – 2 classes a week over 4 weeks.
The average tuition cost for the Agent’s Representative Certificate delivery (three units) for an eligible student is: $296.00 (including materials and student fees).
2. LICENSED AGENT COURSE
If your goal is to run your own real estate agency or operate as a licensed real estate agent, then our Certificate IV in Property Services (Real Estate) is your first step towards making this dream a reality.
This course is the qualification prescribed by the Business Licensing Authority (BLA), a division of Consumer Affairs Victoria, as the educational requirement to apply for a real estate licence in Victoria.
The nationally accredited course covers the core units on risk, current legislation and ethical requirements as well as lots of practical skills integral in day-to-day real estate operations.
Classes run on a part-time basis during the evenings from our conveniently located Broadmeadows campus.
Please refer to the Fee tab for costs and the modules link for the units of study.
Things you should know:
To work in the Victorian real estate industry you need to be registered with the Business Licensing Authority (BLA). You can check to see if you're eligible for registration at https://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/licensing-and-registration/estate-agents/agents-representatives
* Average tuition fees are based on the typical number of student contact hours undertaken by a student to complete this course. Average fees displayed are purely indicative and may not be your actual fee.