Fashion Design and Technology
Do you have a passion for a career in fashion?
If you’re aged between 16 and 19 years and considering studying fashion after secondary school, our Fashion Camp (SCNFASHN12) short course is a fantastic way to discover what it takes to create a successful career in this exciting industry.
Held during the school holidays at our Richmond campus, the program runs over three consecutive days and designed to give you inspiring insights into the wonderful world of fashion.
• Develop skills in drawing, painting and illustration
• Learn how to create digital mood boards for a design folio
• Introduction to digital printing
• Interpret an image through textile medium
• Introduction to fashion design and concept
• Introduction to millinery
• Conceptualise, design and produce your own
• Introduction to retail and blogging
• The world of social media
• Introduction to brand positioning
• Introduction to fashion buying
• Introduction to fashion styling and trend forecasting
• Learn the latest trends in hair and beauty
• The future of internet shopping
5. Industry access
• Access and explore renowned industry publications and websites such as Ragtrader and WGSN
• Tour Kangan Institute’s Textile and Fashion Hub and get up close with leading industry technology.
Want to know more? Our course experts will be more than happy to answer any questions you have. Contact us by calling 1300 290 291 or via our online enquiry form .
Choose your session
|Session||Start Date||Start Day||End Date||Times||Fees||Status
* Learn about creating your own fashion brand
* Visit stores and fashion houses for a behind the seams glimpse of product development
* Get inspired by fashion forecasting and digital printing technology
* Meet professionals who work in the industry and hear their tips and tricks!
What you receive at the completion of the course?
Students will receive a Certificate of Participation for attending the three day workshop.
Pre-requisite & eligibility requirements
Participants should be aged 15-19 years old.
Kangan Institute's main campus is located approximately 20km from the CBD. Broadmeadows houses purpose-built specialist training facilities such as the Aviation Industry Training Centre, the Transport and Logistics Centre and the Polymer Engineering Centre. It also houses the Gunung-Willam-Balluk Learning Centre for Indigenous students, as well as our fully licensed, hospitality training facility, Richards Restaurant.
The campus is a five-minute walk from the Broadmeadows Town Hall, and is directly opposite Broadmeadows Shopping Centre. Parking available on campus.