Got a green thumb? Realise your potential with our range of horticulture qualifications.
Find out more about our Horticulture courses here.
Why choose Kangan Institute?
We offer a range of horticulture nationally recognised qualifications from Certificate II to diploma.
Customised training and blended learning options are available - this means that students get to train at their own pace with easy access to learning resources, whilst employers get to spend more time with the apprentices on-the-job.
We've helped thousands of students achieve their training and career goals. Read our student testimonials here.
Our students have achieved great success across the state and beyond. Read about our student's achievements at the Melbourne International Flower and Garden Show: Craig Burchat Michael Barette
Apart from our nationally-accredited certificate and diploma programs and apprenticeships and traineeships, we also offer:
- Pre-apprenticeships - Pre-apprenticeships are a great way to start your career and can be offered while you are still in secondary school as a VET in Schools program.
- Short courses - We regularly run short courses - these are suited for beginners, hobbyists or licensed builders. Check out our available short courses here.
Possible career opportunities
Our qualifications can lead to a number of job opportunities with:
- Small scale domestic contractors
- Large scale commercial contractors
- Government or semi-government bodies
If you have relevant skills from work or life experience, you may be able to reduce your training time via Skills Recognition. The process assesses your prior knowledge and provides credits for the units for which you already have knowledge about. Find out more here.
Other training available
- Introduction to Landscape Design
- Install Paving
- Introduction to Fresh Water Aquaculture
- Garden Machinery Maintenance
- Retaining Walls
Where are we located?
This department is located at Broadmeadows campus close to public transport. The campus is regularly expanding to improve its facilities and services for our students.
To apply or to find out more:
- Call 13 TAFE (13 8233)
- Email email@example.com