Kangan Institute Study Support
So, you found a course you want to study (tick). You’ve got through the enrolment process (tick). You’ve attended your first classes (tick).
Now however, you are finding some challenges.
We know this can happen from time to time. That’s why we have established a set of resources and workshops that may help you get the most from your time at Kangan Institute.
Our counsellors facilitate a variety of workshops throughout the year, providing you with strategies to overcome challenges you may face throughout your studies.
If you would like to speak to a counsellor about organising a workshop please phone 13 TAFE (13 8233) or email email@example.com for further information.
Our counsellors can provide both study skill strategies and personal coaching in:
- Self esteem
- Goal setting
- Internet safety
- Managing anger
- Work and course issues which impact your studies
- Overcoming depression and grief
- Increasing emotional Intelligence
- Problem solving and coping strategies
- Developing a positive mindset
- Effective listening
- Memory retention
- Managing anxiety related to exams, tests and public speaking
- Public speaking and oral presentation skills
- Creating an appropriate study environment
- Managing classroom behaviour
- Surviving exams
- Time management
Study Skills Workshops
We've got a number of workshops to help you too!
These aren't just designed specifically for students - it also encourages participants of the community to take part as well.
- Returning to study for mature age students
- Study skills essentials
- Stress management for students
- Time management
- Relaxation techniques
- Preparing for TAFE assessments
- Preparing for VCE exams
- Creative learning tools
- Flexible learning 1: Getting started
- Flexible learning 2: Maximising progress
Workshops are held throughout the year depending on demand.
Phone 13 TAFE (13 8233) register your interest.
As a Kangan Institute student you have free access to The Desk - an online support tool helping you achieve mental and physical wellbeing.
The Desk provides you with online resources such as online modules, tools, quizzes and advice on study and personal issues.
Kangan Institute - Library & Learning Centre
Our Library and Learning Centre can also provide great strategies and resources to develop your learning.
Click here to check it out!