If you are enrolling in this course as a Traineeship, you must have employment in the relevant industry before commencing the course.
If you want to work in a health care environment, supporting other health care professionals, our Certificate III in Health Services Assistance (HLT33115) is a great foundation course for you.
Our course delivery features a combination of on-campus and remote (online) learning. This flexibility allows our students to continue to study in a safe, guided and supported manner.
A Health Services Assistant will use a range of technical and procedural knowledge to provide assistance to health professionals for the care and support of patients/clients and will be under direct supervision when dealing with patients/clients.
As a Health Service Assistant you will be required to assist nursing staff in delivery of services such as:
- cleaning and general ward duties
- assist with transporting patients, delivery of meals, bed-making and stock control
You will also be required to undertake a minimum of 120 hours of mandatory work placement.
Before you can start your practical placement, you will need to provide the following compulsory requirements:
• A valid Working with Children Check (Volunteer)
• A satisfactory National Police Check; National Police checks are conducted via fit2work. An account with fit2work will be created using the students name and the Kangan Institute issued student email address, once studies in the program have commenced. Further information will be provided once enrolment has been completed.
• An up to date immunisation/vaccination record as per course requirements
Once you have finished, you can also decide to continue your studies with any number of exciting courses, including the Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (HLT43015)
All students required to attend on-site learning must be fully vaccinated in line with Kangan Institutes Vaccination Policy
Free TAFE and JobTrainer
You may be entitled to free tuition fees for this course if you meet the eligibility criteria for the State GovernmentsFREE TAFE for Priority Courses initiative. If you are aged 17-24 or looking for work, you may be eligible for 80% discount on the tuition fee through JobTrainer. It's important to know that you may incur other fees, such as student services fees or materials fees, and you'll need to cover these costs yourself. To find out more, call 13 TAFE (13 8233).
Normally a Skills First student is only entitled to one Free TAFE fee waiver. However, you may be able to enrol even if you have previously used your Free TAFE entitlement in a second Free TAFE course under JobTrainer. You may be able to get an exemption if you don't meet the upskilling requirement.