Kangan Institute Centre For Youth
There's more than one way to find your successful future.
The Centre for Youth provides education, training and support for people wanting to get an education and a career through a more individual pathway.
The department runs a number of programs to assist and support people in making important decisions about their future path in life.
Whether you're looking to plan your own pathway to a successful career, learn the secrets of successful job hunting, or find out where you stand with training and qualifications - the Centre for Youth can help you discover your options to ensure a brighter future.
Reasons to choose Kangan Institute:
- 1. Our Transition Facilitators can help students aged 15-19 with course and career guidance, job search skills, pathway planning, work placement assistance and education support.
- 2. We have a wide range of Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) subjects available, suitable for younger students wanting to study in a mature environment, adults wishing to return to study, those who want to combine VCE with VET subjects, and students from non-English speaking backgrounds.
- 3. We're the largest provider of VET in Schools programs in Victoria, and the only Victorian TAFE to track outcomes for 15-19 year old students. VET in Schools allows you to study a TAFE course while still at secondary school, and include work placements for additional practical training.
- 4. Our Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL) is a hands-on option if you want to complete a senior secondary school certificate. Comprised of work-related experience, literacy & numeracy skills, and the opportunity to build personal, life and work skills, the VCAL is flexible in allowing you to start at a level which best suits your experience and knowledge.
- 5. We're one of Victoria's major providers of apprenticeship and traineeship training. This means that we can connect you with a good job and make sure that you get the training required to build your career in almost any industry you can think of. You earn while you learn skills on the job, but at the same time you train at one of Kangan Institute's Melbourne campuses.