Accelerate into a fast paced mechanical career
The Mechanical Technology department delivers training in light vehicle mechanics, automotive aftermarket operations, motorsport and automotive electrical.
The department is based at the Coburg and Richmond campuses, but will relocate to the Docklands campus once the second stage of the Automotive Centre of Excellence is complete.
Courses in this department will help you further enhance your skills as a tradesperson in an automotive environment. You will gain advanced skills and knowledge in the areas of diagnostics, environmental, business/management and systems analysis.
We also have a range of mechanical service courses in our Auto Body and Specialist Trades department.
Possible career paths:
- Panel beater
- Vehicle painter / Spray painter
- Car detailer
- Window tinter
- Vehicle dismantler
- Vehicle body builder
Five reasons to choose Kangan Institute:
- 1. You'll train in arguably the most advanced automotive training facility in the southern hemisphere.
- 2. You get a nationally accredited qualification backed by a recognised training provider.
- 3. Our well-known corporate industry sponsors (including VACC, PPG, Wurth Australia and 3M) have outfitted ACE with the latest technology, equipment and products.
- 4. All courses are designed by industry, for industry. Everything is current, up-to-date and designed to help you hit the ground running once you're ready for a job.
- 5. Regular seminars and demonstrations - to help you network with industry leaders.