This course is made up of two sections:
- Licensed Vehicle Tester Administration
- Licensed Vehicle Tester Motorcycle Technical Inspection
The first section of the course being the Licensed Vehicle Tester Administration component covers all the liabilities and responsibilities associated with being a Motorcycle Tester or Signatory and will cover how to correctly complete all of the documentation relevant to the position of Licensed Vehicle Tester or Signatory. The course also includes the completing of the relevant forms and bookwork.
The second section of the course being the Licensed Vehicle Tester Motorcycle Technical Inspection component covers how to carry out a Roadworthy inspection in a thorough and efficient manner by demonstrating and following a logical inspection sequence, and the correct inspection techniques and application of standards relevant to the inspection of Motorcycle for roadworthiness, using all of the relevant VicRoads Standards and Regulations, and a full understanding of the liabilities and responsibilities for an authorised examiner when inspecting a Motorcycle, and issuing a Certificate of Roadworthiness.
Assessment will include the use of a computer to access various websites, uploading and filing photographic evidence of testing, accessing various regulations and bulletins, government regulations and administration, and filling out roadworthy certificates. You will also be required to complete a Motorcycle technical inspection checklist, and demonstrate the use of equipment used to complete a roadworthy inspection. Assessment will be carried out throughout the course, and at the end of the technical inspection sections. You will also be required to complete a full roadworthy inspection on a Motorcycle to VicRoads standards.
If you fail any part of the assessment throughout the course, you will be required to sit another assessment at a later date, and this assessment will incur a further cost.
Pre-requisites / Eligibility requirements:
For new license applications you must follow the pre-approval process on the VicRoads web site. Click here for more information. Mechanics who work for an existing Licenced Vehicle Tester you must supply their LVT Registration Number.
Prior to being accepted to attend this course, you will be required to complete a written test in the following areas:
- Language, Literacy & Numeracy (LL&N)
- Mechanical Knowledge
You must also:
- be a qualified motor cycle mechanic at certificate level III or equivalent and /or have 7 years of trade experience.
- hold a current Motorcycle Driver’s Licence
You will need to present your current Motorcycle driver’s licence and your motor mechanic qualification (the originals or a certified copy).
You are required to provide and wear safety clothing and footwear, such as long sleeve shirt and pants (preferably overalls) and full covered closed shoes (preferably work boots or shoes).
Personal protective equipment such as eye and hearing protection will be supplied; however you may bring your own.
Upon completion of this course you will:
- Understand the liabilities and responsibilities for an authorised examiner when inspecting a Motorcycle and issuing a Certificate of Roadworthiness.
- Apply the correct inspection techniques and applications of standards relevant to the inspection of Motorcycles for roadworthiness using all of the relevant VicRoads Standards and Regulations.
- Carry out a Roadworthy inspection in a thorough and efficient manner demonstrating and following a logical inspection sequence.
- Correctly complete all the relevant Licensed Vehicle Tester documentation.
What you receive at the completion of the course:
An examiners accreditation card and a certificate will be issued to participants who successfully complete the course.